The ŠKODA Ring of Clare Cycle will take place on Saturday 27th July 2019 starting and finishing in Ennis, Co. Clare.
Registration opened to the public on 1st January 2019.
The registration fee for the 2019 SKODA Ring of Clare Cycle is €40 plus booking fee.
If you are registering as a member of Cycling Ireland you must have your Cycling Ireland membership number.
The registration system will automatically validate your membership number with Cycling Ireland so ensure you have the correct details.
Your €40 event registration fee includes event participation, specially designed celtic series event hoodie (subject to early bird), pre event pasta party, ŠKODA Cycling gift, full event back up, feed stations and refuel points, on route mechanical supports, specially commissioned finishers medal, post event massage and BBQ.
If you are not a member of Cycling Ireland you will have to purchase a day licence for €5 along with your entry fee.
Have a read of the following FAQ’s to get a flavour of the event. Event details will not change too much but we will be updating this section in the months leading up to the event.
REFUNDS / TRANSFER OF ENTRIES
As stated as part of the event registration process and terms and conditions for the event no refunds are issued for the event. We do allow the transfer of places between cyclists. There are no defferals to next year or transfer to another event in the ŠKODA Celtic Cycle Series.
We do not operate a waiting list so it is up to the cyclists to arrange for another cyclist to take his/ her slot if they are transferring their place. There is an administration charge of €5 to transfer places between cyclists.
Transfers will be accommodated up to Friday 19th July. You must transfer through this registration system – it is not permissiable to swap places between cyclists without informing the event as we will not have any record of your details on the system.
How to transfer a place: email email@example.com stating you are transfering a place and the link to transfer will be sent to you.
If you have transferred a spot or received a transferred place – If you registered on time to qualify for an event hoodie – the size you requested will be the size given to the person you are transferring the place to. Hoodies are ordered based on what you ordered at the time of registration. At this late stage we cannot change orders.
If you do not attend the event we do not post hoodies to cyclists or hold onto hoodies.
This year the ŠKODA Ring of Clare Cycle will be hosted at the grounds of Clarecastle GAA club. The grounds are located on the Limerick side of Ennis (turn left at the Maxol roundabout as you enter Ennis from the M18.)
The event venue will have onsite car parking accessible before the event, changing and shower facilities and will host the after party ŠKODA BBQ PIT, ŠKODA Massages and onsite bar facilities for rehydration if needed.)
START PREPARING – YOUR REGISTRATION FORM IS YOUR ID FOR SIGN ON
This year you must bring the confirmation of registration form that you received by email when you registered. This must be printed out and signed by you and brought to the sign on event.
You will have to sign this registration form and present it at the event sign on (Friday or Saturday) in order to collect your event ID. Your form will be used for scanning you into the event and is designed to speed up the registration process for cyclists. If you did not receive the registration form when you registered contact firstname.lastname@example.org – Please do not leave this to the day before or day of the event to check as the team will all be on site. Wednesday 24th July is the last day for online support in relation to your eTickets.
REFUNDS / TRANSFER OF ENTRIES
Transfers are accommodated until Midnight, Friday 19th July. The event accommodated transfers between cyclists from January 1st to July 19th. This will be strictly enforced with no exceptions. The last day for a transfer of places is Friday 19th July and cannot be extended.
REFUNDS – As stated and accepted by cyclists as part of your event registration process and terms and conditions for the event no refunds are issued for the event. There are no deferrals or transfers to other events.
If you have already transferred a spot or received a transferred place – If you registered on time to qualify for an event hoodie – the size you requested will be the size given to the person you are transferring the place to. Hoodies were ordered based on what you ordered at the time of registration. At this late stage we cannot change orders.
PREPARATION IS KEY
The majority of technical issues / bike failures happen in the first 20-30km of most events. This is because cyclists do not check their bikes or simply pump their tyres. Avoid the hassle of a mechanical issue by getting your bike looked at or simply pumping your wheels. Don’t forget to bring spare tubes for your wheels.
EVENT START TIMES
• The 160km cycle starts at 9.00 am
• The 120km cycle starts at 9.30 am
• Both cycles start from Clarecastle GAA Club.
• If you are cycling in the km event please do not enter the start area with your bike until the 160km cyclists depart at 9.00am.
EVENT SIGN ON
There will be three options for participants to sign on for the event. At sign on you wil receive your event gillet (if you quaify for one and event ID and ŠKODA gift)
The Night Before – Friday 26th July
Ennis – Between 4.30pm and 8.30pm at Al Hayes SKODA garage on the Gort Road, Ennis.
The Day of the Event. Saturday 27th July
Event sign on starts at 7.30am on the morning of the event. The event office is located beside the clubhouse of Clarecastle GAA.
YOU MUST BRING YOUR EVENT TICKET THAT WILL BE SCANNED TO ALLOW YOU ACCESS TO THE SIGN ON AREA. This was sent to you when you registered and includes a bar code for scanning. You will also have to sign this form before you arrive. Sign it when you print it and avoid delays.
What you will receive when you sign on for the event:
1. You will receive your ŠKODA Ring of Clare Cycle event hoodie*. (PLEASE NOTE: The event gillet is given to cyclists who registered in the early bird slots or purchased at the time of registration)
2. You will also receive your event identification that you must wear in order to access the Feed Stations and gain access to the event start area. (You will replace a bike tag and wristband) Your must present your ID wristband at the end of the cycle in order to get your BBQ burger at ŠKODA BBQ Pit at Clarecastle GAA.
3. Event map and event safety guidelines.
When you sign on for the ŠKODA Ring of Clare Cycle you will receive two forms of event identification
1. Bike Event ID – to be attached to your seat post – without this bike ID you will not be able to enter the start area or avail or on route services / supports and food stops.
2. Event wristband with bar code and event number – You must wear this event wristband in order to cycle. This will contain the event emergency numbers. These will be colour coded based on the event you are cycling i.e. 160km or 120km. You will need to display your event number to access the food and refuel stops on the routes.
There is a dedicated event Car Park on the grounds of Clarecastle GAA. Please arrive early to avoid getting delayed in traffic accessing the venue.
Please do not park on Church grounds in Clarecastle or residential and commercial areas in Ennis. Please respect the residents of Clarecastle, Ennis and commercial premises in the town.
NB: The ŠKODA Ring of Clare Cycle not a closed road event and you must adhere to the normal rules of the road.
• Cycling on the route is maximum of two a breast.
• The event is a sportive and not a race and you are responsible for your own safety and the safety of others on the road.
• Your will receive an event map and key safety details at event sign on.
• The routes selected for the ŠKODA Ring of Clare are generally quiet roads but you will encounter some main road junctions where you must be extra cautious particularly entering and exiting towns such as Kilkee and Kilrush. Please be aware of traffic on all roads.
• ŠKODA marked directional signs will be placed throughout the route and marshals will be evident throughout the route. Please remember marshals are only there to assist. You must check for oncoming traffic at all junctions.
• All participants will be provided with an emergency contact number in the case of an emergency on the route. Please note this is not a number for bike repairs.
• You are responsible for taking part in the event on a safe and suitable bike. Participants are responsible for their own bike maintenance. There is very limited mechanical support system will be in place and will sweep throughout the route.
• Please ensure you have spare tubes in the event of a puncture and do not rely on the emergency number for help with changing punctures etc.
• No earphones permitted
• No tri bars permitted
Familarise yourself with the routes and visit our ŠKODA Strava page on this website.
160km FEED STATIONS:
The feed stations for the 160km route are located at;
- Doonbeg Community Centre (50Km)
- Kilrush Shamrocks GAA Club (110km)
- Refuel Station – Kildysert
120km FEED STATIONS:
The feed stations for the 120km route are located at the Kilrush Shamrocks GAA Club (60km) plus a Refuel station at Kildysert. There is a refuel point also at 35km with water and fruit.
Please note that if you do not avail of the main stop at Kilrush Community Centre, the Refuel station in Kildysert will only provide water and fruit.
We recommend you also bring also your own supply of cycling gels, bars and drinks.
Ambulances and roving paramedics will be available all day, should anyone require medical assistance it will be administered in the fastest possible timeframe. Please call the emergency contact number provided on the day for medical emergencies.
The 160km and 120km routes are marked out with distinctive ŠKODA cycling directional signage.
WHAT TO BRING:
Your bike must be in good working order to cycle either the 160km or 120km routes
– Water bottle (s)
– Spare tubes and a Puncture repair kit
– Mobile phone with credit
– Emergency money & ID
– Energy snacks
– Wind / Rainproof top – Participants must be aware that weather conditions in this area can change and you should bring appropriate clothing to keep warm in any adverse weather.
– Sunblock – we hope you will need plenty of this.
AFTER THE EVENT
After you cross the finish line you will receive your well earned 2018 ŠKODA Ring of Clare Cycle finishers medal. There will be a presentation area for some pictures and this year you will receive a well earned BBQ at the ŠKODA BBQ pit. You will have to present your event wristband in order to claim your well earned burger. No ID band, no burger.
POST EVENT MASSAGE
ISMT will provide massages for cyclists in the ŠKODA Cycling Dome area in Clarecastle GAA club
This year there will be on route photographers to try and capture pictures of as many cyclists taking part in the event as possible. The event cannot guarantee that all cyclists will be photographed but will be doing our best. Photographers will be at the event finish and podium area as well. Images will be uploaded to our Facebook page and the ŠKODA We Love Cycling Irl facebook pages after the event.
Showers will be provided at Clarecastle GAA Clubhouse.
BIKE FLEADH – ENNIS
Ennis and the wider Clare area is ready and waiting for the cyclists and their friends and family. A wide range of entertainment options will be hosted in the area on the night before and night of the ŠKODA Ring of Clare Cycle. Visit our blog / news page for the updated programme.
NO HELMET NO CYCLE – this will be strictly enforced
LEAVE NO TRACE: The event operates under a Leave Non Trace litter policy. Please respect the Clare countryside and its residents and bring home your litter. Please do not litter the area with gel sachets, empty bottles or food wrappings etc.
PUNCTURES Please ensure you can change a puncture and bring spare tubes. It may be some time before support can arrive to a spot where a cyclist may have picked up a puncture so please ensure you can change your own wheel or cycle with someone that will assist you to avoid long delays that will impact on your enjoyment of the day.
We hope you have a great day out in Clare set against the backdrop of the Wild Atlantic Way, Loop Head Peninsula and the Shannon Estuary.
NB: The sportive is not a closed road event and you must adhere to the normal rules of the road.
The route will be marked out in numbered sections with distinctive signage with a number that correspond to specific parts of the 160km and 120km routes. This is for ease of identifying where cyclists are on the route in the case of a medical emergency. Please take note of the section numbers where possible as you pass by.
Please ensure you can change a puncture and bring spare tubes. It may be some time before technical support can arrive to a spot where a cyclist may have picked up a puncture so please ensure you can change your own wheel or cycle with someone that will assist you to avoid long delays that will impact on your enjoyment of the day.